As board-certified physicians, we take pride in our dedication to excellence in patient care at Saint Francis Medical Group. Toward this end, we:
- Utilize secure electronic health records for efficiency and continuity of care
- Discover opportunities for improvement of our services through annual patient surveys
- Partner with our patients by offering educational resources
- Encourage our patients to follow preventive health guidelines and wellness screenings
- Maintain chronic disease management programs based upon national standards of care
Changes to your Medicare Benefits
Click here (.pdf) to read an explanation about the new "Annual Wellness Visit" benefit.
Accepted Insurance Plans
- 1st Health/Coventry (Former HCVM)
- Colonial Cooperative Care
- CorVel Corporation
- EDS (T19)
- FEP PPO
- Great West/Cigna
- Harvard Pilgrim
- HealthyCT Exchange Products
- Health Net Federal Services Tricare
- Health Payors Organization
- Medicaid Husky A B C D
- Medicare Railroad
- Multiplan, Inc./PHCS/NEHCA
- Northeast Health Direct
- OWCP (DOL)
- Pioneer HealthCare
- Secure Horizons
- Tricare NE
Our office requires a HIPAA compliant medical release form signed by all patients prior to the release of any patient health information.
- Please allow us 30 days for medical records released to you or another physician.
- Please allow us 7 days to complete CL&P and Yankee Gas forms. These will be mailed back to the company.
- Please allow us 14 days to complete disability forms. These will be mailed back to the originator.
- Please allow 48 hours for any physical/medication forms.
Please notify our office at least 48 hours in advance of running out of any prescribed medication.
- Narcotic prescriptions
These prescriptions can only be filled by your physician. Covering doctors will not respond to these requests except when authorized by your physician.
- Billing Communication: 1-855-859-4966 or StFrancisCare@selfpaybilling.net.
- If you need to speak to your doctor during the day
You may call and speak to your doctor about your issue. If your doctor is not available, you may speak with a nurse, who will in turn speak to your doctor and get back to you as soon as possible.
- After hours/evening coverage
If you call our office after hours, you will be connected to our answering service, which will in turn contact one of our physicians on call.
- If you need to be hospitalized for any reason
If your doctor feels that you need hospitalization, he or she will arrange that for you. All SFMG specialists have admitting privileges, and will follow you during your hospital stay. We also use the teaching/hospitalist service at Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center. Hospitalists work closely with your doctor throughout your hospital stay to help ensure that you receive the best care possible.