Prior to Surgery
1. Enroll in "Prepare For Surgery, Heal Faster" Class. Medical studies show that people who prepare for an operation:
- use 23-50% less medication
- have fewer complications
- recover sooner
- can reduce patient's length of stay
Cost: Group Workshop - $45 (includes book and CD)
Individual Workshop - $75 (includes book and CD)
Book and CD without workshop- $30
To register for a workshop: Contact us toll-free at 1-877-STFRANCIS (1-877-783-7262)
2. Schedule an Integrative Medicine session to reduce anxiety and prepare you body and mind for your stay with us.
- Cranial Sacral Therapy
- Energy Therapy
- Massage Therapy
Cost: Offered for a fee in Hartford or at one of our community access centers
in Avon, Enfield, Ellington and Glastonbury.
To schedule a session: Call 860-714-4450.
After Surgery, While You are in the Hospital
Use of Integrative Medicine modalities can help decrease pain, relax the body and mind, promote sleep, comfort you and provide a sense of peace, as well as promote your body's own natural healing abilities.
In-Patient integrative medicine modalities include:
- Acupuncture (with advanced notice)
- Pet therapy
- Theraputic massage
- Energy therapy
- Soft touch hand massage
- Healing arts
- Mind- Body techniques (such as guided imagery and hypnosis)
Cost: Free of charge