Restoring motion. Renewing vitality.
- #1 in Connecticut for joint replacement outcomes
- Consumer Reports mentioned us in an article on hospital ratings.
- Rated Top 100 in the Nation and #1 in Connecticut for Medical Excellence and Patient Safety in Joint Replacement in 2014 by CareChex, a division of Comparion
- Rated #9 of U.S. Top Quality Hospitals for joint replacement in 2013 by CareChex, a division of Comparion
- One of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for joint replacements
- The only joint replacement institute in the region with a dedicated on-staff musculoskeletal oncologist
- Recipient of 2013 HealthGrades Joint Replacement Excellence Award
- Five-Star recipient for Joint Replacement 7 years in a row (2007-2013)
- A designated Blue Distinction Center+ for 2013 with fewer complications and readmissions
- Over 17,000 joint replacements since Institute opened in 2007
- Patients ranked CJRI in the 99th percentile of all Connecticut hospitals and the 94th percentile of all U.S. hospitals in overall hospital satisfaction.
- Patients ranked CJRI in the 99th percentile of all Connecticut hospitals and 97th percentile of all U.S. hospitals for recommendation to others.
- CJRI complication rates are among the lowest in the U.S.
- First joint center to enter patient data into national American Joint Replacement Registry
A "Hospital Within a Hospital"
As surgical techniques evolve, our surgeons remain at the innovative edge with a commitment to research and to performing procedures with fewer complications, and ultimately healthier lives.
Service Line Leaders
Steven Schutzer, MD
Stephanie Kelly, RN, BSN