(HARTFORD, Conn.) - The Auxiliary of Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center reported at their Annual Meeting held on October 14, 2010, that the total financial contributions to Saint Francis for the year ended September 30, 2010 was $500,582, the largest annual gift given to the Hospital in the Auxiliary's history. The Auxiliary made the final installment of $310,000 toward its $1.5 million pledge to the "New Beginnings Family Birth Care Center." In addition, the Auxiliary donated $190,582 toward its new unprecedented and unrestricted pledge of $5.0 million, one year before the planned commencement of the new pledge which was scheduled to begin in 2011.
The Auxiliary, founded in 1926, is a volunteer organization whose primary goal is to raise funds for services that complement and support patient care and community services provided by Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center. The Auxiliary derives its income from the Gift Shops on both Saint Francis and Mount Sinai Campuses, Blossoms Flower Shop, Butterfly Boutique, Repetitions Thrift Shop, the Christmas Walk, Remembrance Way, membership dues and other special fund raising events. They have donated over $11 million to the Hospital over the past 84 years. For information about volunteer opportunities or making donations to the Auxiliary, please contact the Auxiliary at 860-714-4558, visit the Auxiliary website, www.stfranciscare.org/auxiliary or send an email to email@example.com.