Why let your weight weigh you down?
Before & After
Click on thumbnail for larger image
Obesity is more than a cosmetic problem. Being overweight can make you sick. It can even shorten your life. The Bariatric Center at Saint Francis (Hartford, CT) has a proven record of safety and results.
- Saint Francis Bariatric Surgery patients lose an average of 112 pounds within a year of surgery
- After surgery, patients need an average of 40 to 60 percent fewer medications for diabetes, high blood pressure and cholesterol Learn more...
- Our patients enjoy among the shortest hospital stays for weight-loss surgery, compared to other hospitals across the U.S.
- Our safety record exceeds national standards. Learn more about our weight-loss outcomes...
Combined, our patients have shed a total of 45,897 pounds since 2007.
Our results exceed national standards, a fact that has been recognized by the American Society of Bariatric Surgery with a designation as a Center of Excellence.
Conditions that may be improved by weight loss:
- Chronic headaches
- Heart disease
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Shortness of breath
- Sleep apnea
Am I a Candidate?
Patients 100 pounds or more above ideal body weight with a BMI 40 or greater, or a BMI of 35 or greater, with one or more obesity-related conditions are eligible.
Click on the calculator below to determine if you are a candidate.
Is Weight-loss Surgery Safe and Effective?
Check out our most recent results and compare our safety record to national standards.
Our Safety Record