Fear of the unknown is the greatest obstacle cancer patients face after initial diagnosis and start of treatment. Some answers can be found by meeting with other patients who have successfully conquered cancer. From sharing common problems comes common solutions.
The Saint Francis / Mount Sinai Regional Cancer Center has several programs designed to assist cancer patients and their families.
The many support groups at Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center offer a safe place to talk, as well as to listen and learn from one another.
Support at Saint Francis:
- The Prostate Cancer Support Group
Meets the third Monday of every month from 5:00 - 6:30 pm. Call (860) 783-7262
- Breast Cancer Support Groups - Call Susan Crawford at 860-714-4112
- Breast Support Group for Newly Diagnosed
Meets the second Wednesday of every month from 5:00-6:30 pm in the Comprehensive Women’s Health Center (Starting April 13)
- Breast Support Group for Recurring Cancer
Meets the fourth Wednesday of every month from 5:00-6:30 in the Comprehensive Women’s Health Center (Starting May 25)
- Cancer Wellness Programs provided by the Department of Health Promotion
Other sources of support: