What does it mean to be a Catholic healthcare provider?
What are your responsibilities as a Catholic healthcare leader?
We all know that Saint Francis is a Catholic hospital, and that we are obligated to follow the Ethical and Religious Directives. You probably also know that we are officially under the jurisdiction of the Catholic Archbishop of Hartford. But aside from that, what does being a part of Catholic healthcare really mean to you and me? What do we need to know about the heritage and tradition of Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center and the Catholic Church in order to fulfill our roles as leaders of this organization?
In January 2014, the Mission Integration Department began offering a program for all Saint Francis Care leaders called Foundations of Catholic Healthcare Leadership. This program consists of six modules; see links to each module on the right side of this page. Each module lasts approximately 90 minutes, and is interactive.
Topics covered include:
- The biblical roots of healing as a ministry
- The theological and historical foundations of Catholic healthcare
- Our relationship to the Catholic Church and its sponsorship of our ministry
- The importance of Catholic Social Teaching
- The role of the Ethical and Religious Directives in guiding ethical decision-making